Ross & Liddell - Scottish Landlord Registration Number LARN1805012
We are one of Scotland's most experienced Letting Agents, with over 30 years’ experience in the lettings market makes us the agent of choice for those looking for professional knowledge and outstanding friendly service whether a first time landlord or experienced investors we provide a complete letting service to ensure that your investment is managed professionally.
The process of letting a property can be a daunting one for homeowners. That is why we are committed to taking our clients through the process step by step, providing expert advice on the potential pitfalls and many rules and regulations which must be adhered to.
The register was set up in January 2018 for all those currently carrying out letting agency work (as defined by section 61 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2014), and operates hand in hand with the Letting Agent Code of Practice that all landlords must understand, and has been introduced with the express intention of driving up standards and accountability – protecting landlords and tenants alike.
You can download a copy the Letting Agent Code of Practice from this link: https://www2.gov.scot/Resource/0053/00530797.pdf
This generally means:
• Work carried out for a private landlord who wants to let their property out to a tenant
• The management of a property (including collecting rent, inspecting the property and arranging for repairs and maintenance) which either is currently or is planned to be rented out to a tenant
As a letting agent which manages properties and arranges repairs and maintenance, Ross and Liddell complies with this regulation.
Every individual who wants to be added to the Scottish Lettings Agent Register must undergo training and a ‘fit and proper’ person test to ensure they meet the requirements. Ross and Liddell employees are required to undergo this training and to ensure they’re keeping up-to-date with developments.
Themes covered in training include:
• Legal obligations relating to letting agency work
• The rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants
• Handling landlords’ and tenants’ money
• Arranging, managing and ending a tenancy
• Managing repairs to and maintenance of a property
• Customer communications and complaints handling
• Equality issues
If you have any lettings related issues please contact Ann McMaster on 0141 334 3670.
Client Money Protection Scheme (CMP)
We are also members of the Propertymark Client Money Protection scheme, our memebr certificates are displayed under the Landlord and Tenant sections of our Website